VTeC Tuning Made Easy

Once a VTEC Junkie, Always a VTEC Junkie. Love The Power, Love The Surge When the Cams Lift Off. Follow Me on a Ride to Discover Affordable Tips to Maximizing Performance of Your Ride, and Keep Almost Within the Law in Singapore.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Squeezing Out Every Last Ounce from Your Honda VTEC

I sold away my Honda's APEX'i SAFC last week. It's one of the few electronics that I had salvaged before handing her to her new owner.

I used to own a 7th Generation Honda Civic - the ES version. The experts called it a disappointment after the huge success of the EK Type R's and the 160 bhp SiR's. In any case, that was a different time and during the 4 years I had my ride I tried to squeeze every ounce of performance from it that I could afford.

From my first trips to Paya Ubi, then to Woodlands and even Johor Bahru, every new addition to the car was about making it mine, making it unique, and most of all, one of the fastest auto trans ES8's around.

In Tune Up Your Japanese Ride, I talk about how I started with simple spark plug changes and air filter upgrades, to replacing the extractors, the cat converter, and then the backbox. Also then worked on the throttle body and the electronics to produce more hp and torque at the wheels.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home